Tuesday, November 29, 2011

First experiences can be defining. Cite a first experience that you have had and explain its impact on you. (University of Pennsylvania)

A first experience which has impact in my life happened in 10th grade. I was never interested in science and did not even bother to understand. However, I started a course, IGCSE chemistry and IGCSE biology, which motivated me to learn more science. It was a turning point of my life, after experiencing two science classes, I realized that science is my passion and science is what I should major in. It felt different, some people seem to fail or hardly pass in these science courses, however, it was easy for me and all the work we have done in class stayed in my mind. Unlike others I had ‘A’ range grade through out the semester, and since I had high grade it motivated me even more. Science didn’t seem so harsh or hard to me, it was like a easy 8th grade courses. I always used to have bad result in the semester exam, and it made me think that I will also fail in the science exams, but that time it was different. I achieved one of the highest marks in the science exams. I was also shocked that I got such a high score, than I realized I should study science more and harder so I can do better in AP courses. Since than I have been studying the AP science courses and until today I did not receive lower than A- as my science grades. I want to continue studying science and learn more about them. The main lesson I learned through this experiment is that, if I try hard and actually study for different subject I can possibly do well on all of them. However I do have some disadvantages like, learning English as second language, but if I try hard I don’t think there is any problems getting over these barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment