Monday, January 23, 2012

• If you were to write a book, on what theme or subject matter would it be based, and why? (Stanford/93)

If I was to write a book about something, I would love to write about how to run a business since I had lots of conversation about these things with my family members and also grown up in a community owned by my family and learning how to lead the community. When I was in elementary school in Korea, I always used to ask my grandfather how he could manage such a big place. He said “No matter how big the place is the way leader leads people determines how well the community will functions.” Even in present days when I ask this question he will answer the same. I always wondered how can a person be better than others, since we all are same kind and born in same planet. However, after attending a international school I start to realize that becoming a leader doesn’t mean one is better than others, but is trying to be better than others to lead them to correct path. The leader isn’t actually a better person physically, but he or she definitely has stronger dedication for others. Leader is not the one who seems higher and stronger than other, but weaker and lower than others to push them up high as possible by supporting them by any needs. I also realized that the time has moved on and the old ways of running a community just harms it rather than helping it.

Since I have so much to talk about running a business or running a community I would love to write a book about it.

4 comments:

  1. I am pretty sure that you will not only be able to write about how to successfully start a business but also implement it in your own life. After all you have got the genes and brains of a true business family.
    All the best for the book and for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think that you should write a book and inspire other people from what you have experienced. And I also think that your positive attitude towards what you do would be great if we all followed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spoke like a wise person. I love the theme of your book and i hope WS starts business management classes, so that you get proper experience in writing the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting response. I really enjoyed reading this because of your story of your grandfather and what you learned from Woodstock. I see your passion that you want to write a book about how to run a business, but readers can think that you cannot based on your response because it seems like your grandfather has good experience of how to run a business or community than you do. I believe that you learned a lot from your conversation with your grandfather. But to write a powerful book, you also need have your own experiences.

    ReplyDelete