Monday, December 19, 2011

Describe an intellectual experience of the past two years that has given you great satisfaction. (Amherst)

One of the intellectual experiences I have had past two years which have given me the greatest satisfaction is my English grade in Grade 11. I started off the semester with C, however getting towards the end of semester I have decided to work harder and success my goal of getting B as my final grade in English. I didn’t even have a month left to pull up my total grade from C to B. Which had about 10% differences and at the end of semester it is much harder to pull up the final grade. After knowing that there is only a tiny chance of pulling my grade up to B, I first thought of giving up, but the lecture given by my parents have motivated me to study harder and achieve higher grade. So I decided to work my a**off at the end of the semester. I still had a major project which contained formal writing and oral presentation and also had my final exam, which is 20% of my final grade. First thing I did was to prepare well for my final project, Mr. Plonka, my English teacher, asked our class for two extra sources, but I gave in 12of them and I also spent most of my time preparing for the speech. And it was successful, I achieved one of the highest grades, I was really surprised and one more thing which have surprised me was the comment of the paper, it was written “Excellent presentation” that was only two words listed for my presentation. Also in my final exam I once again trusted in myself and got B+ and A in my two essay writing. Then I surly realized that trusting in myself will help me to achieve my goals. I even achieved a position in Alumni office at the end of the semester, lots of the people tried out for the position which I went for, Alumni touring, however I believed in myself and had confidence in each word I said in the interview. Trusting and believing in myself helped me to achieve these goals. The lesson I learned after this experience is that, “ Whatever people say isn’t what you are, you need to believe in yourself and trust in yourself to achieve your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment