Thursday, December 1, 2011

What do you think people who know you would be surprised to learn about you? Limit your response to one page.(Rice University)

Even though I have my close friends they don’t know what my parents do. I didn’t like telling people what my parents do because it seems like our family is uneducated and poor. However, my mother graduated Seoul University and my father also got a degree from USA. My friends always asks me what business they do or what company they work in, however, it is neither of them. My whole family work as social worker, the community is the largest in South Korea and my grandfather was the first one to start off the community. Today, I am not shy or worried to tell others about our family’s community because I know it helps many people in South Korea and it actually changes and have changed many people’s life, therefore I am proud to tell other people about my family’s work now. I also work in the community during the holidays, reading English books for the Orphans and even tutor the little kids to play soccer. In dorms I am one of the laziest people who get up really late in weekends and who refuse to work. However, in holidays I am not Sang Who Park ones know of in Woodstock school. I get up early in the morning and get ready to attend the academy, study in academy till 7pm then return home. My day doesn’t end there; I go outside to play soccer with my brother than come back home and rest. I also volunteer to help our family’s community, such as translating the English documents and even tutoring the little kids. I am sure people will be shocked when I tell them about what I do in holidays other than lying on the bed. Not even a single person knows about me working in a social community during the holidays. Some people might think it is waste of time, since they can study more while I am working in the community, however, I think differently. I think gaining experiences are much more important and valuable compare to getting higher scores in grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment