Monday, December 26, 2011

Discuss some issue of personal, local, or national concern and its importance to you. (Hood)

I think the major issue which most of the Koreans are facing is ‘Study’. Not in sense of their requirement of graduating from school, but other work which have been done out the school hours. Since Korea start to industrialize they people started to believe that their children should get into a high level college in Korea. As the time went by people started to go out of country to than out of continent. It isn’t hard for the parents to make the decision, but the stressed out students no matter how old they are they are sent to a ‘police station’, the academies, where they were trained to go to the jail, colleges, and was told do the same to their children. The crazy cycle never seem to stop it didn’t get better, but worse. By the time it got to the 21st century students start to suicide. It just destroyed people’s life cycle and life. I don’t see the point of making the children study. My cousins who are only in elementary school go to academies everyday from 2pm to 11pm. I thought, if I ever get children would they have to live in this cycle? Well I don’t want them to grow up in such a condition. I think Korean government should find a way to solve this problem by changing the school system or even making a law not allowing the people to send their children to a academies after 7pm. The system should change like Woodstock, the school I study in, they respect what people think and do, they do not force the student to study, school let students do what they want. This opens up new world for the students and they won’t be stressed out or will suicide.

1 comment:

  1. Good one. I thought about this issue before as well because we have the same issue in Taiwan. I guess many parents still haven't realized that "only study" won't get us anywhere. It only makes us unhappy and stressed.

    ReplyDelete