Tuesday, November 15, 2011

43. Explain how your experiences as a teenager significantly differ from those of your friends. Include comparisons. (University of Puget Sound)

I am a lot different from my friends back home and also from the friends in Woodstock. For the friends in Korea, experiences I have are totally different. Most of my friends back at home studied in Korea and will continue studying in Korea unlike me. Also Korean parents expect their children to be competitive and get much better grade than others. Therefore my friends attend academies until late at night and even attend them in weekends. However, I had different experience, I studied in international school so I was not as pressurized as my friends back home. I also have different experiences compare to my friends in Woodstock. How does a normal teenager spend their vacation? Play games, and some people even study for their school subjects. Unlike most of them I had much different experiences. Since my whole family work as a social worker I help them out during holiday. I volunteer to teach as read English books to the orphans in our organization, I help the workers to serve food and etc. First of all I grew up in different environment compare to other students in Woodstock. I think because I grew up in such as different environment I have had much different experiences as a teenager. Even though I had different experiences growing up as a teenager I don’t think it made me to much different from others. I am sure every single one of us has one or more things in common, but also different. If no one is different from one another the world will not function properly since everyone will be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment