Sunday, November 27, 2011

Do you believe that your academic record accurately reflects your abilities? Explain.

Majority of people believe that SAT, AP, IGCSE, GPA scores determine our college carrier; having high scores in all of them will definitely get them in to good college. It might be true that it will get people in to good college, however the academic records does not accurately reflects people’s abilities. Some people are only good in certain subject, as an example a student wants to become a scientist and subjects like English doesn’t really affect that person’s carrier, however, many schools looks at the GPA, grade point average, which includes subjects which he or she doesn’t require for the future degree. Other reason why schools should not reflect people’s abilities on studies is what if that person is a really hardworking student, but he or she doesn’t get a good grade and turned out to fail the class. What if the student cheats get achieve high grades all the time. In US right now this is a big issue in colleges, the schools takes the Chinese students who are willing to pay 100% of the fee and also has high scores in their exams, however the scores were all made up. The Chinese pays someone else to take the exam and just uses the grade for their children’s college application. I do not think the grade reflects people’s abilities accurately, majority of the time it is wrong and all the schools and colleges around the world should at least try to fix this problem. “Don’t judge the book by its cover.” I am sure all of you have heard of this quote, it simply means do not judge people with their appearance and grades.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, class grades are not a reflection of my aptitude. I may be good at particular subjects like physics, chemistry, and biology.so I may get only good marks in only these subjects as it interests me.so if I get low marks in other subjects it does not sense that I am a poor learner and shows that I am good at science.
    I'm very good at math but my teacher didn't like me. That's why I got a C+." This response suggests that you lack maturity—no admissions officer will believe that a teacher is that biased and unprofessional and they will think you aren't telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete