Monday, November 7, 2011

Imagine that you have the opportunity to travel back through time. At what point in history would you like to stop and why? (Swarthmore)

If I had a chance to travel back through time, I would like to go back to the time when Hitler was rejected by Academy of Fine Arts Vienna in 1907. Hitler was a German politician who killed over six million Jews and millions of other people. The reason why I want to go back to his time is because I really want to save many people’s life by stopping Hitler from turning into a criminal. I know that he was interested in art as he sold his paintings and applied to an art academy. However, he was not a great artist, therefore he was rejected by the art academy two years in a row, and nobody bought his paintings. Because of this, he had not enough money to live in a city, and it eventually made him to volunteer for being a soldier. If I was there, I would help him to work on art by buying his paintings so that he would not suffer from financial problems. And, I can also help him to get into the art college by introducing him a tutor to improve his art skills. By doing this, he could be proud of himself, and would think that he want to be a better artist, instead of a military general. I think this chance would be wise since it can avoid many bad or cruel things such as avoiding him from joining the army, and saving millions of people’s life. There are many criminals through out the history but not all of them chose to be a criminal. It is just the nature they had and also the situations and circumstances that they had to face. Therefore, I would like to help Hitler to achieve his dreams rather than just killing him although it is the easiest way to stop him.

No comments:

Post a Comment