Monday, November 21, 2011

What do you think has been the most important social or political movement of the 20th century? Do you share a personal identification with this cause

I think the most important movement in 20th century which affected my life is the Korean War, which was held from 1950 to 1953. During the war my grand parents were still a children, however if I think about the war if by any chance my family did not survive, I wouldn’t be alive right now. There was also a possibility of my family moving into North Korea, and if they did I would not know what would have happen to my family either. I really think my families lucky, thousands of people died during the war and many people lost at least one of their family members, however, none of our family members were involved in war. My grandmother told me a story about her experience during the war, she told me story about her family was hiding at a house near the mountains. One late night North Koreans came into the house with big, dead wild pig and asked my grandmother’s mother to cook them. She told me that the North Koreans had guns and it frightened each one of her family members. Thankfully the North Koreans did not do anything harmful to my grandmother’s family and left after eating the cooked pig. Because the North Koreans did not kill or did anything harmful to my grandmother’s family I exist. For my grand father, it was not a big deal, since he lived at the south edge of South Korea, the war did affect the cities at the south, but it did not affect his family much. As a result, Korean War brought change to many people in Korea, only in bad ways. I am proud to be a South Korean, but if I think about it, what if Korea wasn’t divided into half? Wouldn’t I be just called as Korean and we don’t have to worry about war and so many other things. As a result the war movement in Korea have changed my life totally.

1 comment:

  1. I Am Doing A Writing Prompt And Can I Include Your Text In My Topic

    ReplyDelete