Friday, November 4, 2011

You’ve just written a 300-page autobiography. Send us page 217. (University of Pennsylvania)

It was the worst night of my life, I did not have any goals for my future. The words, said by one of my classmate, kept on repeating in my mind, “You will not even get in to a college and you will be a failure through out your life.” I laid on my bed thinking, ‘is this actually true? Am I really useless person?’ I just didn’t know what to do. I actually felt like I am a failure and I just wanted to give up with everything. I fell asleep while I was thinking about my ‘doomed’ future. For the next few days I did not focus on studies or even get involved in social activities. Each day felt like a year, I just did not know what to do. Whatever my friend said seemed to be true, my grades were low and I am just an ordinary student who will either pass or fail to enter the college. However, my mother made a turning point in my life. When I talked to her on the phone, she said “Do not worry about what other people say, what you think and do is much more important. Each one of us is special, some people might be talented in studies, sports and etc, and you don’t need to have talent to be important, because you are important to me and also to each one of your family members.” And I thought ‘That is true, why should I even care about what others say’ after I talked to my mother, I felt so much relax and comfortable. I felt like I am not alone in India, I have supports from my family, who have trusted me and helping me for the past 14years. I thought I should not let my family get disappointed at me, so I decided to even study harder and accomplish my goals before anyone else. After this incident I started to achieve majority of my goals and also realize that every single one of us are important to their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment