Thursday, November 17, 2011

50 Tell us about yourself. (University of California

My name is Sang Who Park, and I am from South Korea. My whole family work as social workers in the community, built by my grandfather, and I also enjoy helping the people in the community. My grandfather started off the community when he was 17, he did not even graduate elementary school. He was not educated fully, he decided to make sure his children and grand children are fully educated. Because of this reason I was educated in Korea until I reached grade five. I did not finish my elementary school career, however, I joined grade six when I came to Woodstock school in India. I think this was the new turning point of my life, getting educated in different environment and situation. When I first joined Woodstock school I was short, fat and fair skinned and I could not speak or understand English. It took me more than a year to learn proper English, yet not perfect. I also regret not joining the school earlier, since I wasted one year of my middle school just learning English. After studying in India for six years, I realized how important it was for me to join an international school and get educated with different system compare to South Korea. I did not have any goals until I reached 11th grade, however, I decided to become a dentist and help my family community, they are running short in budget with hospitality, and also continue my grandfather’s dream, “Every poor people needing help should be supported by the social communities.” I am not sure what I will become when I grow up, however, I have promised myself to expand the social community in Korea and live my life helping out poor people like my grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment