Saturday, November 12, 2011

Discuss the most important piece of advice you have ever received and explain its effect on your life.

Discuss the most important piece of advice you have ever received and explain its effect on your life.
I have a really strong relationship with my grandfather because he always supports and trusts me. When I was in fifth grade, I had to come to India to study at Woodstock. Actually, I had no idea why I had to study or how important studying was since I was too young. So, I asked my grandfather, and he said that he wanted me to do or learn things that he could not do when he was young. I did not really care what he was saying because I was not really interested in, and was really hard for me to understand what he said. After five years, I just randomly started to think about my grandfather, and was wondering what he meant by that. This made me decided to ask him about his childhood during the vacation. What he said was quiet surprising. My grandfather was too poor, when he was a student, to go to a school. He got no educational opportunities although he really wanted to study at school just like his other friends. This was the one of important reasons why he sent me to Woodstock, which gave me a lot of great opportunities. His story meant a lot for me. It made me to think more about the importance of studying even though I was young. I respect and thank my grandfather for everything that he has done for me. He gave me an influence on my future dream as well. I really want to be a doctor who can cure sick or old people like my grandfather. His advice really helped me to know the reason why I have to study, and also encouraged me a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I love that paragraph. chutunganh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete